Brewery History Society

The Brewery History Society: Defunct Brewery Liveries



Greater Manchester: Trafford
Defunct Brewery Livery

29 October 2012

Return to the Defunct Index Page

County Brewery Location Premises Description Contributors Photo?
Gone?

Greater Manchester: Trafford

Threlfall's Brewery Co Ltd Salford Flixton, Church Road Village Inn A large Threlfalls plaster sign on the wall of the adjoining property to the left of the pub. This also has the pub's original name, The Greyhound on it. The pub itself has 'TBCo' windows. RWo 2011 .

Greater Manchester: Trafford

Hardy's Crown Brewery Ltd Manchester Sale, Cross Street Bulls Head A vast Victorian corner pub. The parapet features typical Hardy's mosaic lettering, gold on blue, and is very prominent. On each elevation: 'HARDYS' ... BULLS HEAD HOTEL ... HARDYS'', and '1879' in the same style on the corner. Note the position of the apostrophe in the brewer's name. Also more modern Bass signs. TB photo 2006 Picture

Greater Manchester: Trafford

Bass & Co Ltd - Burton-upon-Trent, Tadcaster, etc Sale, Cross Street Bulls Head Modern Bass signs, including a good example of a wall-mounted red triangle with 'Bass' in script beneath. Also Hardys' Crown Brewery signs on the parapet. TB photo 2006 Picture

Greater Manchester: Trafford

Watson & Woodhead Ltd Salford Sale, Washway Road Vine Relief lettered sign on the parapet - 'WATSON & WOODHEAD'S GOLD MEDAL ALES & STOUT. W(INE)' The brewery only existed under this name from 1895-1898, but the pub is dated 1909. SP 2003; TB photo 2006 Picture

Greater Manchester: Trafford

Hardy's Crown Brewery Ltd Manchester Timperley, Stockport Road Stonemasons Arms The front parapet has deteriorating mosaic signs with the pub name (central) and 'HARDY'S' (each side). The side elevation parapet has a similar pub name sign in better condition, though obscured by a modern Tetley sign. SP photo 2006 Picture

Greater Manchester: Trafford

Groves & Whitnall Ltd Salford Urmston, Lostock Road Nags Head This pub has a tiny panel (maybe 4 inches by 2) in a window on the Barton Road elevation bearing the letters 'G & W'. TB 2009 .

Return to the Defunct Index Page