The Brewery History Society: Breweries
Tyne & Wear - Newcastle, Gallowgate - Corporation Street: the former Newcastle Brewery
Tyne Brewery, Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Registered in Febrary 1890 to acquire: John Barras & Co Ltd, Tyne Brewery; William Henry Allison & Co, High Brewery, Duke Street, North Shields and Monkwearmouth Brewery, Sunderland; Swinburne & Co, Gateshead; and Carr Brothers & Carr, Low Lights, North Shields; with a total of 215 public houses. Merged with Scottish Brewers Ltd in 1960 to form Scottish & Newcastle Breweries Ltd. Closed in 2005 with brewing transferred to the former Federation Brewery at Dunston. Demolished and site cleared by 2010.
A Century of British Brewers Plus - 1890 to 2004. Brewery History Society, 2005.
The following images from DT, February 2006:
The following images from WRB, April 2007:
The following images from SP, October 2010. The top photograph shows the cleared brewery site from St James's Park.